10 things I’ve learned from having loved and lost:
1. Love isn’t a ride. It’s a decision you make Every. Single. Day.
2. There’s no such thing as the perfect partner. If you think your partner is/was perfect, stop. You’re putting them on a pedestal. No one is perfect. Period.
3. Exercising, healthy eating, and maintaining a regular sleep schedule helps the heart mend faster.
4. You’re your own best friend. Focus on you. Positive self-affirmations are the key to unlocking the friend inside of you.
5. Your thoughts and actions are the key to having gratitude. Always, always be grateful!! Even if things didn’t work out as you wished, there is a lesson in every experience.
6. Have faith in the future.
7. Comparison is the root of low self-esteem.
8. Sometimes it’s better to have loved and gained a good friend, than to have lost entirely.
9. Pay attention to how you treat yourself when you’re down.
10. If it’s too hard, displace yourself from yourself. Pretend you are the person you want to be and take it upon yourself to guide the current you into harmony with your ideal self. The law of attraction is key here.
Bonus: Always strive to be happy.
Bonus #2: Don’t ever forget who you are.